1) My home laptop is dead. We formated it, but there are also hardware issues with it, and we have to wait for the parts to arrive before it can work again. Awesome hubby decided to set up an ancient desktop computer we found lying around in our storage room for himself, and is giving me his laptop some time this weekend.
2) Cherry Stem is out in paperback form! I’ve set up a Goodreads giveaway, which is currently pending approval. I’m super psyched about it, and will probably be giving away more copies soon-ish!
3) Magic at Work got its first Did Not Finish review. It stung, as you can imagine, but I get that not all things are for all tastes.
What hit me the hardest is seeing the laws of Marketing at work: every good review the book has gotten, has maybe one or two “Likes.” The DNF review has four of them, and some comments–including something along the lines of “I hate books like that!”
Books like what?
Anyway, I pressed “Like” too. A reader spent time reading–some of–the book and more time writing down their thoughts on it. That’s all a writer can ask for, really.
4) I don’t know what to write on. *headdesk* These are my current WIPs:
I think that’s it. Anyone who can come up with a viable plan for me to put these into order and start working on them wins two bookmarks of Magic at Work.
5) Baby-O (it’s how a very good friend of mine calls my son–it’s also the name of a strip joint in Athens. how awesome is that? LOL!) got a sudden allergic reaction late Sunday evening. Within something like five minutes, he turned into a red version of the Michelin man. Doctor told us what to give him, and he was back to his normal color and size in no time, but I freaked out there for a while. We think it was a reaction to the strawberries I had shortly before breastfeeding him. Buh-bye strawberries. Sigh. It’s been good.
6) Random fact: I love making lists. About anything. The longer the better.
7) I’ll stop typing and post this now.
8) Hope you’re all well. 🙂